Grandmaster Bob Long
Grand Master Bob Long left us on February 4th 2013. His untimely passing left the martial art community saddened by loss of one of the true great practitioners of the Martial Arts. He left behind his school, his wisdom, his system and his legacy to his son Shihan Brian Long. Shihan Long has more than 45 years of experience in the martial arts. He was a disciple of one of the pioneers in karate and jiu-jitsu, the late Grandmaster Pete Siringano, Sr.
TIMELINE OF MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 1987 – Shihan Long has held the rank of 8th Degree Black Belt Hachidan in Goshin-Do-Kempo Karate and 8th Degree Black Belt Hachidan in Samurai Jiu-Jitsu.
- 1997 – Shihan Long was inducted into Grandmaster Don Nagle’s American Okinawan Karate Association Inc Hall of Fame under the category of Master Instructor and Silver Life Time Achievement.
- 1998 – Shihan Long was formally recognized at the American Okinawan Karate Championships by many legendary martial arts’ Grandmasters as Judan 10th Degree Black Belt Head of the Martial Art Systems Goshin-Do-Kempo Karate Nagai Ryu and Samurai Jiu-Jitsu Nagai Ryu.
- 1998 – Shihan Long was inducted into the prestigious World Head of Family Sokeship Council International Hall of Fame under the category Grandmaster Instructor of the Year and was certified as a Member of the World Head of Family Sokeship Council.
- 2000 – Shihan Long was inducted into Grandmaster Don Nagle’s American Okinawan Karate Association Hall of Fame for outstanding loyalty, devotion and dedication to the Martial Arts World in the category of Pioneer in the Martial Arts.
- 2001 – Shihan Long was inducted into Action Martial Arts Magazines Hall of Fame which was held at the Tropicana in Atlantic City, NJ in the category of Silver Life Time Achievement.
Shihan Long is regarded as one of the most well-known and respected instructors on the East Coast. He has trained many champions in karate and jiu-jitsu; one of which received national recognition at the age of ten.
The Official Karate Magazine; OFFICIAL KARATE SPECIAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONS noted Bob Long to be “one of the fastest, strongest, and best trained East Coast Karate men.”
- Shihan Long is a member of The federation of Practicing Jiu-Jitsuians.
- Shihan Long has specialized training in the field of Human Relations, Leadership Development, Effective Communications, Personal Motivation, and other related subjects which deal with personal growth. All of these help him to help you further develop yourself.
- Promotion Board Member-International Federation of Practicing Ju-Jitsuans.
- Instructor at Ramapo College, Mahwah, NJ. Instruction for Self-Defense in accredited courses.
- Instructed and taught classes for the Fair Lawn Special Education Center.
- Has instructed neurological impaired as well as blind children.
- Instructed self-defense classes for several years for the Elmwood Park and Hasbrouck Heights Recreation Departments.
- A tournament promoter and prominent chief referee.
- Instructor for several federal, state and local law enforcement officials and officers.
- An accomplished speaker who has given numerous demonstrations before large audiences.
- Has conducted Martial Arts seminars and clinics including women’s self-defense classes.
- Featured in many nationwide publications:
- OFFICIAL KARATE SPECIAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONS
- MASTERS OF SELF-DEFENSE
- DEFENSE COMBAT MAGAZINE
- OFFICIAL KARATE YEARBOOK
- Featured in several major Martial Arts movies and videos.
- Has had several self-defense schools throughout Northern New Jersey and New York.